Thursday, April 11, 2013

North Korea's "total war" plan

Pyongyang is 1200 km from Tokyo. It would take five to 8 minutes for a launch of mid range missiles to reach Tokyo and the US bases in Japan. Tokyo 30 million people are not sure their security is guaranteed in spite of a few SM-3 or PAC 3 missiles interception systems.  United States Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel voiced that North Korea is "skating very close to a dangerous line with bellicose rhetoric." 

What is the point, achieving a miniaturization of a nuclear device on a ballistic missile? What might be behind North Korea's war plan? "The North Koreans are not trying to attack Japan but to scare the Americans," says Narushige Michishita, director of security studies at the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS).

A warning says Hideshi Takesada [VDO] Director for Research and International Affairs at the National Institute for Defense Studies and former professor at Yonsei University.
Youtube URL Link

Professor Takesada

There are 49 % chance DPRK will not launch a missile says Hajime Izumi professor of East Asian International Politics at the University of Shizuoka! So it means there are 51 % it could, probably in early morning time, in the coming days?

NB: "Total War" is a computer strategy game series, it combines strategy and resource management, with real-time tactical control of battles.